Mexican Casserole Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced ripe olives and sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine beans and salsa. Cover and microwave for 1-2 minutes or until spreadable.
- Place three tortillas in a greased round 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Layer with half of the beef, bean mixture, corn and cheese; repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, olives and sour cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Casserole(45)
Sort By :
My husband said that this was his favorite Mexican dish. I added black beans because I love them. It was delicious!
Loved this recipe! I made it with ground chicken and it was great! I also used fresh medium salsa and it was great flavor.
My entire family loved it. Even my daughter who doesn't like things mixed together.
It was good, but a little dry to me. Maybe I did something wrong. My husband and son loved it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >