Mexican Beef Recipe
Purchased taco seasoning mixes can't compare to our home economists' flavorful blend.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 taco shells, flour tortillas or tortilla chips
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sliced ripe olives, shredded lettuce, sour cream and salsa, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt and oregano.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with taco shells. Garnish with toppings if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup: 237 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 430mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein
Reviews for Mexican Beef
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC