Purchased taco seasoning mixes can't compare to our home economists' flavorful blend.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 taco shells, flour tortillas or tortilla chips
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sliced ripe olives, shredded lettuce, sour cream and salsa, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt and oregano.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir into beef mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with taco shells. Garnish with toppings if desired. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup taco meat and 1 taco shell equals 237 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 430 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.