Mexican Beef-Stuffed Peppers Recipe
I grew up eating stuffed peppers and thought my husband would immediately love them as well. He didn't at first, but then I created this slow-cooked recipe. He loves fajitas and tacos, so I created these peppers with all of his favorite flavors tucked inside.—Nicole Sullivan, Arvada, Colorado
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours YIELD:4 servings
- 4 medium green or sweet red peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve Minute® Ready to Serve Spanish Rice Mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds; set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the rice, 1-1/2 cups cheese, salsa and pepper sauce. Spoon into peppers. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour water around peppers.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until peppers are tender and filling is heated through. Top with remaining cheese; sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
1 stuffed pepper equals 646 calories, 37 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 1,241 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 40 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC