Mexican Beef Stew Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno slices
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- Sour cream
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cut roast in half; transfer to slow cooker.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- 3. Remove meat; cool slightly. Cut meat into bite-sized pieces and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 8 servings (4-1/2 quarts).
2-1/4 cups: 467 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 694mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 41g protein
Reviews for Mexican Beef Stew
"I thought it was pretty good, I would have liked it better if it were thicker and I thought it needed a little bit more flavor, but overall it was good!"