Mexican Beef Stew Recipe
Instead of chuck roast, you can also use eye of round for this recipe. You can also serve it with noodles, rice or flour tortillas if you like.—Pat Dazis, Charlotte, North Carolina
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno slices
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- Sour cream
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cut roast in half; transfer to slow cooker.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- 3. Remove meat; cool slightly. Cut meat into bite-sized pieces and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 8 servings (4-1/2 quarts).
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC