Mexican Beef Stew Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno slices
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- Sour cream
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cut roast in half; transfer to slow cooker.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- 3. Remove meat; cool slightly. Cut meat into bite-sized pieces and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 8 servings (4-1/2 quarts).
2-1/4 cups: 467 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 694mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 41g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Beef Stew
"It is different. Good every once in awhile."
"I thought it was pretty good, I would have liked it better if it were thicker and I thought it needed a little bit more flavor, but overall it was good!"