- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno slices
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- Sour cream
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cut roast in half; transfer to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Remove meat; cool slightly. Cut meat into bite-sized pieces and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 8 servings (4-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Mexican Beef Stew in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2009, p34
Reviews for Mexican Beef Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2011
"I thought it was pretty good, I would have liked it better if it were thicker and I thought it needed a little bit more flavor, but overall it was good!"
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2011