- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco seasoning, salsa and corn; heat through. Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix biscuit mix and milk just until blended; drop by tablespoonfuls over cheese. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until bubbly and topping is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Beef Cobbler in Ground Beef 2013 Bookazine 2013, p61
Reviews for Mexican Beef Cobbler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 6, 2015 Edited Mar. 11, 2016
"This was pretty good. I liked the flavors and it was an interesting mix with the biscuits on top. I made biscuits from scratch and used that on top instead of biscuit mix."