Mexican Beef-Cheese Soup Recipe
"This hearty soup appeals to all ages and can be spiced up to suit individual tastes," reports Kim Gollin of Andover, Kansas. She sometimes drains the can of tomatoes and adds extra beef, serving it as a thick cheesy dip.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 pound Mexican or plain process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, corn and cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 448 calories, 25 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 1,718 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC