- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 pound Mexican or plain process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, corn and cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Beef-Cheese Soup in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p9
Reviews for Mexican Beef-Cheese Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2012
This soup is delicious! To lighten it up a bit, I used ground sirloin, doubled the diced tomatoes and used light Velveeta.
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2011
This was a very tasty, filling soup. I served it with Frito Lay scoop chips, wonderful on a cold windy winter day.