Mexican Beef Burgers Recipe
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup finely crushed corn chips
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped ripe olives
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef and chips over mixture; mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-9 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Wrap burgers and desired toppings in tortillas. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 508 calories, 22g fat (7g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 890mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 7g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Beef Burgers
"I have made it again. The burgers have a wonderful flavor. My family loves this recipe."
"My family absolutely loved these burgers. I don't know why I didn't think of using tortillas before. I will certainly use them again."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.