- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 3/4 cup finely crushed corn chips
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped ripe olives
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef and chips over mixture; mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-9 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Wrap burgers and desired toppings in tortillas. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Mexican Beef Burgers
Sort By :
"I have made it again. The burgers have a wonderful flavor. My family loves this recipe."
"My family absolutely loved these burgers. I don't know why I didn't think of using tortillas before. I will certainly use them again."