Mexican Beef and Mushrooms Recipe
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless beef top round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 jars (6 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook beef and onion in butter for 4-6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the mushrooms, salsa, water, salt and chili powder. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Serve over rice and top with sour cream and cheese. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Beef and Mushrooms(2)
Sort By :
Great recipe! I use ground beef instead of steak so it's faster to make and it's also more like a nacho dip. I just brown the beef with the onion and garlic and then add the salsa, salt, and chili powder and heat through.
The flavor was good but it was very watery. There really wasn't any sauce coating the meet or vegetables when I made it. I think this is because I bought fresh salsa in a tub anbd not jar salsa and it had a lot of water in it.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >