- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- In a Dutch oven, brown beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the next eight ingredients. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- For the dumplings, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt; stir in milk just until combined. Drop into eight mounds onto boiling mixture. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until the dumplings test done. (Do not lift the cover while simmering.) Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Beef and Dumplings in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p55
Reviews for Mexican Beef and Dumplings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review