Your family will love the hearty flavors of this skillet supper. You’ll love that it’s fast home cooking done light and chock-full of healthier ingredients. A must-try recipe! Top with crushed blue corn chips for extra crunch. —Christine Richardson, Maple Grove, Minnesota
- 3 cups uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Crushed tortilla chips, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the pasta, tomatoes, beans, corn, salsa, green chilies, olives and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Serve with sour cream and chips if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Beef & Pasta in Healthy Cooking April/May 2011, p51
Reviews for Mexican Beef & Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review