Mexican Beef & Bean Stew Recipe
I like that this is super easy to toss together, and the leftovers reheat well. The healthy beans and veggies taste great, and the stew warms me up on cold, blustery days. —Tacy Fleury, Clinton, South Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 8 hours YIELD:10 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 small carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Tortilla chips and shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Combine the flour, salt and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. Brown meat in batches in oil in a large skillet; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the beans, corn, potatoes, carrots, celery and onion.
- 3. Whisk the tomato sauce, water, taco seasoning and cumin; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with tortilla chips and cheese. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC