- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 small carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Tortilla chips and shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine the flour, salt and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- Brown meat in batches in oil in a large skillet; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the beans, corn, potatoes, carrots, celery and onion.
- Whisk the tomato sauce, water, taco seasoning and cumin; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with tortilla chips and cheese. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Mexican Beef & Bean Stew
Sort By :
It was very good.
easy. topped it with sour cream. delicious.
I made it today and it was excellent.
What a nice surprise when we got home! Easy and really tasty. I omitted the potatos and added a red pepper. Served over rice. Everyone loved it.