Mexicali Omelet Recipe
I especially like this recipe because I can fix just one omelet that serves and completely satisfies the two of us, notes Cynthia Monachino Webb on Kenmore, New York. It also makes a fun, filling and colorful dish for holiday brunches.
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 flour tortilla (10 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped deli turkey
- 1-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and water. Pour into a nonstick 10-in. skillet coated with cooking spray. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are completely set, top with the tortilla, cheese and turkey.
- Fold omelet in half; cut in two. Serve on lettuce with salsa, olives, sour cream and onion. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mexicali Omelet in Country Woman November/December 2004, p37
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Mexicali Omelet(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mexican Breakfast >