- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, halved
- 2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
- 2 lime wedges
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato, onion, jalapeno, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Chill until serving.
- Sprinkle chicken with taco seasoning; set aside. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain.
- If grilling the chicken, using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Top with bacon and cheese; cook 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with salsa; squeeze lime wedges over top. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mexicali Chicken for Two in Healthy Cooking
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mexicali Chicken for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review