- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn, water and seasonings; bring to a boil. Stir in macaroni. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Mexi-Mac Skillet
"I doubled the noodles and tomato sauce."
"My family loves this! I made it with ground turkey and added more chili powder to spice it up."
"Made to recipe. Pretty good but not amazing. Would give 3.5 stars if I could. Very easy to make for a quick meal. Definitely a recipe you can add or change things to make it your own or give it something extra."
"Easy to make and I thought it tasted pretty good, but the wife didn't care for the tomatoes, so unfortunately, probably won't make this one again."
"Easy and excellent flavor."
"This was very good and easy to make. I pre-cooked the noodles and also made many of the changes listed, such as green pepper, olives, and minced garlic."
"very easy, change it up a little, used velvetta, cut back on the oregano. This is a go to when I want fast comfort food."
"Very good and easy to make. I added half a green pepper, diced. About a dozen black olives, sliced and a half teaspoon of cumin. I used a 14 1/2 oz can of corn, drained and used the liquid in place of the water. I used mexican blend cheese instead of cheddar. Will make this again for sure."
"i did add about double macaroni and simmered 30 minutes and the macaroni was perfect. my boys loved it!!!"