- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook and crumble beef with onion over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain.
- Stir in seasonings, tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn and water; bring to a boil. Stir in macaroni. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until macaroni is tender, 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Mexi-Mac Skillet
"I doubled everything in the recipe but the meat. This was delicious and I loved that I had leftovers to freeze by doing this."
"I doubled the noodles and tomato sauce."
"My family loves this! I made it with ground turkey and added more chili powder to spice it up."
"Made to recipe. Pretty good but not amazing. Would give 3.5 stars if I could. Very easy to make for a quick meal. Definitely a recipe you can add or change things to make it your own or give it something extra."
"Easy to make and I thought it tasted pretty good, but the wife didn't care for the tomatoes, so unfortunately, probably won't make this one again."
"Easy and excellent flavor."
"This was very good and easy to make. I pre-cooked the noodles and also made many of the changes listed, such as green pepper, olives, and minced garlic."
"very easy, change it up a little, used velvetta, cut back on the oregano. This is a go to when I want fast comfort food."
"Very good and easy to make. I added half a green pepper, diced. About a dozen black olives, sliced and a half teaspoon of cumin. I used a 14 1/2 oz can of corn, drained and used the liquid in place of the water. I used mexican blend cheese instead of cheddar. Will make this again for sure."