- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn, water, chili powder, oregano and salt.
- Bring to a boil; stir in macaroni. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 18-22 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Mexi-Mac Skillet
Sort By :
I bought Muir Glen Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes and the sauce is very thick. I cooked the macaroni(1 cup) and added a chopped green pepper to the onion. It was not at all runny. I can't imagine making this with uncooked pasta. Very easy and very good weeknight dinner.
i did add about double macaroni and simmered 30 minutes and the macaroni was perfect. my boys loved it!!!
okay the changes i made was i added fresh minced garlic with the meat and onion, used a can of rotel tomatoes (mild) instead of the diced tomatoes, used a 15 oz can of tomato sauce, increased the water to 3/4 cup, used canned green giant steam crisp super sweet yellow and white whole kernel corn, added a little more chili powder and will use regular cheddar cheese but more than it calls for ;). it's cookn rite now and will be ready for my two boys 8 and 6 when they get off the bus in 30 minutes
I cut the oregano in half and added 1/2 t. of cumin. I make this on a regular basis and we really like it. Yum! :-)
We loved it! I substituted small diced tomatoes with seasonings for the diced tomato, and added a little garlic and it was good :) The family loved it:)