This dish really saves time because it eliminates the need to precook the pasta and makes a family-pleasing supper in minutes! This is the tastiest and quickest recipe I have. —Maurane Ramsey, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn, water and seasonings; bring to a boil. Stir in macaroni. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Mexi-Mac Skillet in Light & Tasty October/November 2007, p26
Reviews for Mexi-Mac Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review