- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (7-3/4 ounces) Mexican-style hot tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Prepare macaroni and cheese mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook the beef, onion and garlic in a Dutch oven over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the diced tomatoes, green chilies and taco seasoning. Stir in 2 cups cheese, beans, corn, tomato sauce and prepared macaroni and cheese dinner.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with chips and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Mexi-Mac Casserole
Sort By :
"I thought it was a great recipe with the possible exception of too much cheese. I cut it back to 1/2 cup of cheese and sprinkled it on top instead of mixing it in."
"Delicious. My kids even liked it. We did regular diced tomatoes and left off the tortilla chips, and it was outstanding. Also used ground turkey."
"My son says he needs this recipe when he returns to college. That's a five-star endorsement."