Here’s one of my favorite all-in-one meals that uses items I typically have in the pantry. Green chilies give it just a little bite, but it’s easy to swap in a spicier can of tomatoes if you want to turn up the heat. —Jan Conklin, Stevensville, MT
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (7-3/4 ounces) Mexican-style hot tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Prepare macaroni and cheese mix according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook the beef, onion and garlic in a Dutch oven over
- medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the diced tomatoes, green chilies and taco seasoning. Stir in 2
- cups cheese, beans, corn, tomato sauce and prepared macaroni and
- cheese dinner.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with chips
- and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.