Mexi-Mac Casserole Recipe
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (7-3/4 ounces) Mexican-style hot tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Prepare macaroni and cheese mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook the beef, onion and garlic in a Dutch oven over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the diced tomatoes, green chilies and taco seasoning. Stir in 2 cups cheese, beans, corn, tomato sauce and prepared macaroni and cheese dinner.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with chips and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mexi-Mac Casserole in Simple & Delicious April/May 2013, p49
Reviews for Mexi-Mac Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2014
"Delicious. My kids even liked it. We did regular diced tomatoes and left off the tortilla chips, and it was outstanding. Also used ground turkey."
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2013
"My son says he needs this recipe when he returns to college. That's a five-star endorsement."