- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups fresh corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 10 flour tortillas (7 inch)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown ground beef. Drain Add corn, tomato sauce, picante sauce, chili powder and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place half of the tortillas in the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spoon meat mixture over tortillas. Combine cottage cheese, eggs, Parmesan, oregano and garlic salt; spread over meat mixture. Top with remaining tortillas. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; return to the oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Mexi-Corn Lasagna Main Dish in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p36
Reviews for Mexi-Corn Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review