a useful tip may be gleaned from May/June 2005 BYL regarding wood chips: If using a charcoal grill, add wood chips directly to the coals. If using a gas grill, wrap the chips in a foil pouch; poke several holes in the pouch and place it on the rock grate.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups soaked mesquite wood chips
- 1 salmon fillet (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside.
- Add wood chips to grill according to manufacturer's directions. Using
- long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on rack.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 7 minutes.
- Spoon mayonnaise mixture over salmon. Grill 7-10 minutes longer or
- until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (6 ounces) equals 539 calories, 40 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 402 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein.