a useful tip may be gleaned from May/June 2005 BYL regarding wood chips: If using a charcoal grill, add wood chips directly to the coals. If using a gas grill, wrap the chips in a foil pouch; poke several holes in the pouch and place it on the rock grate.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups soaked mesquite wood chips
- 1 salmon fillet (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, mix the first eight ingredients. Add wood chips to grill according to manufacturer's directions.
- Place salmon on oiled grill rack, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium heat 7 minutes. Spoon mayonnaise mixture over salmon. Grill, covered, 7-10 minutes longer or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mesquite Salmon in Backyard Living June/July 2007, p62
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mesquite Salmon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review