Mesquite Salmon Recipe
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups soaked mesquite wood chips
- 1 salmon fillet (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside.
- Add wood chips to grill according to manufacturer's directions. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 7 minutes.
- Spoon mayonnaise mixture over salmon. Grill 7-10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mesquite Salmon in Backyard Living June/July 2007, p62
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Mesquite Salmon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review