These cookies made with a recipe similar to one my mom always used, were a fitting dessert before we set out for caroling for the holidays.—Nella Parker, Hersey, Michigan
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Red and green colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate the dough for 2 hours.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a 3-3/4-in. x 2-1/2-in. musical note cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Merry Note Cookies in Taste of Home December/January 2005, p19
Reviews for Merry Note Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review