Merry Mulled Cider Recipe
“When our children were younger, I always made warm cider for Christmas Eve. This herbal version was a favorite. The kids are grown, but my husband and I still enjoy a mug or two during the holidays for old time’s sake.” —Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 7 cups apple cider or juice
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring the apple cider, cranberry juice, brown sugar, cinnamon and rosemary to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until flavors are blended.
- 2. Discard cinnamon and rosemary; stir in orange juice. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup equals 142 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC