“When our children were younger, I always made warm cider for Christmas Eve. This herbal version was a favorite. The kids are grown, but my husband and I still enjoy a mug or two during the holidays for old time’s sake.” —Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
- 7 cups apple cider or juice
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- In a Dutch oven, bring the apple cider, cranberry juice, brown sugar, cinnamon and rosemary to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until flavors are blended.
- Discard cinnamon and rosemary; stir in orange juice. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Merry Mulled Cider in Taste of Home December/January 2011, p26
Reviews for Merry Mulled Cider
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review