- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 48 heart-shaped gumdrops
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in vanilla and food coloring. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape dough into 1-1/2-in. balls; roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until tops are cracked and edges are set, about 12-15 minutes. Place a gumdrop in the center of each cookie. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4 dozen
Reviews for Merry Grinchmas Cookies
"I have not tried this recipe yet, but my Walmart store just stocked Valentines candy... just in time for Christmas! It's December 20."
"Where ever does one get small heart shaped gumdrops?"
"Havcent made yet but just wanted to say these are SO CUTE! What a cute idea for the heart and grinchmas :)"