- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 48 heart-shaped gumdrops
- In a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in vanilla, food coloring and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until firm enough to shape.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape dough into 1-1/2-in. balls; roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until tops are cracked and edges are set, 12-15 minutes. Immediately press a gumdrop into each cookie. Cool cookies 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4 dozen
Reviews for Merry Grinchmas Cookies
"I have not tried this recipe yet, but my Walmart store just stocked Valentines candy... just in time for Christmas! It's December 20."
"Where ever does one get small heart shaped gumdrops?"
"Havcent made yet but just wanted to say these are SO CUTE! What a cute idea for the heart and grinchmas :)"