Merry Christmas Tea
This sweet-tart tea from our Test Kitchen has plenty of refreshing pomegranate flavor. Serve warm mugs to holiday guests coming in from the cold. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches), crushed
- 8 cups pomegranate juice
- 2 cups water
- 12 individual Raspberry Zinger tea bags
- 1/3 cup honey
- Place ginger and cinnamon sticks on a double thickness of
- cheesecloth. Bring up corners of cloth; tie with a string to form a
- bag. Set aside.
- Place juice and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove
- from the heat. Add tea bags and spice bag; cover and steep for 8
- minutes. Discard tea bags and spice bag; stir in honey. Serve warm.
- Yield: 9 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 163 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.