Merry Christmas Tea Recipe
This sweet-tart tea from our Test Kitchen has plenty of refreshing pomegranate flavor. Serve warm mugs to holiday guests coming in from the cold. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1/3 cup minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches), crushed
- 8 cups pomegranate juice
- 2 cups water
- 12 individual Raspberry Zinger tea bags
- 1/3 cup honey
- Place ginger and cinnamon sticks on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Bring up corners of cloth; tie with a string to form a bag. Set aside.
- Place juice and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Add tea bags and spice bag; cover and steep for 8 minutes. Discard tea bags and spice bag; stir in honey. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Originally published as Merry Christmas Tea in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p77
Reviews for Merry Christmas Tea(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review