- 2 cups water, divided
- 1-1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 2 cups (1/2 pound) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/3 cups Minute® White Rice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 apple, peeled and sliced
- In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup water and 1 cup sugar; bring to a boil. Add the cranberries; return to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes or until most of the berries pop, stirring occasionally. Add rice, remaining water, remaining sugar, cinnamon and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in apple. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Merry Christmas Rice in Reminisce Extra December 1993, p47
Reviews for Merry Christmas Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2009
"i will try these it looks so pretty why wait for christmas next year"