Merry Christmas Muffins Recipe
These moist, fruity muffins are packed with hearty ingredients and spread with a creamy orange-flavored frosting. Served with coffee, they're a favorite with Christmas guests.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped dried mixed fruit
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped candied cherries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, beat eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in carrots, apple, coconut, fruit and raisins. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. For frosting, combine butter, cream cheese, sugar, juice and vanilla in a bowl; beat until smooth and creamy. Spread over muffins. Sprinkle with cherries. Yield: 16 muffins.
1 serving (1 each) equals 406 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC