Merry Christmas Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped dried mixed fruit
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped candied cherries
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, beat eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in carrots, apple, coconut, fruit and raisins. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. For frosting, combine butter, cream cheese, sugar, juice and vanilla in a bowl; beat until smooth and creamy. Spread over muffins. Sprinkle with cherries. Yield: 16 muffins.
Reviews for Merry Christmas Muffins(1)
Sort By :
I wanted a special muffin to share with my family on Christmas Eve. I did a search on TOH and found this recipe. I just ate the first muffin, still warm from the oven, and it was delicious! I don't care for frostings, so I'm going to serve the muffins without. They are good enough to stand on their own.
About halfway through the recipe I began to worry that something wasn't right. After mixing the eggs, oil and vanilla with the dry ingredients, the batter was the consistency of cookie dough. I was worried that they would be too dry. After adding the grated carrots, the batter was more moist. When all of the ingredients were mixed together the batter was the consistency you would expect for muffin batter.
The muffins came out nice and brown. I baked them for the 30 minutes called for in the recipe. My oven is usually right on. Next time I think I will bake them about 3 minutes less so they aren't quite so well done. They are still delicious, but a little darker than I normally prefer my muffins.
This is a great muffin recipe -- many flavors and textures in each bite!