Merry Berry Salad Recipe
Dried cranberries, crunchy apple chunks and toasted almonds dress up this crisp green salad. It's drizzled with a sweet-tart dressing that's a snap to blend.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 1 package (10 ounces) mixed salad greens
- 1 medium red apple, diced
- 1 medium green apple, diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1. In a large salad bowl, toss the first six ingredients.
- 2. In a blender, combine the cranberries, sugar, vinegar, apple juice concentrate, salt, mustard and onion; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- 3. Drizzle desired amount of dressing over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate any leftover dressing. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 354 calories, 27 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 381 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC