Merlot Filet Mignon
Although this filet is such a simple recipe, you can feel confident serving it to your guests. The rich sauce adds a touch of elegance. Just add a salad and rolls.—Jauneen Hosking, Waterford, Wisconsin
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup merlot
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small skillet, cook steaks in 1 tablespoon butter and oil over
- medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches
- desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read
- 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep
- In the same skillet, add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from
- pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup. Add
- the cream, salt and remaining butter; bring to a boil. Cook and stir
- for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened and butter is melted.
- Serve with steaks. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 steak with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 690 calories, 43 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 165 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 49 g protein.