Merlot Filet Mignon Recipe
Although this filet is such a simple recipe, you can feel confident serving it to your guests. The rich sauce adds a touch of elegance. Just add a salad and rolls.—Jauneen Hosking, Waterford, Wisconsin
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup merlot
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a small skillet, cook steaks in 1 tablespoon butter and oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup. Add the cream, salt and remaining butter; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened and butter is melted. Serve with steaks. Yield: 2 servings.
1 steak with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 690 calories, 43 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 165 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 49 g protein.
Reviews for Merlot Filet Mignon
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC