- Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff
- glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Add vanilla. Fold in 1/2
- cup walnuts. Spread meringue evenly over cake batter; sprinkle with
- remaining walnuts.
- Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until meringue is lightly
- browned. Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes (meringue will crack).
- Loosen edges of cakes from pans with a knife. Using two large
- spatulas, carefully remove one cake to a serving plate, meringue
- side up. Carefully remove remaining cakes, meringue side up, to wire
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Gradually add
- confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Carefully spread
- half of the filling over cake on serving plate; top with half of the
- raspberries. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 16-18 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 364 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now