- 4-1/2-in. stocking. Bake at 300° for 35 minutes. Turn oven off
- and do not open door; let meringues dry in oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet. When meringues are
- completely cooled, remove from parchment paper and store in an
- airtight container at room temperature.
- For cranberry filling, combine the sugar, cornstarch and cranberry
- juice in a saucepan until smooth. Stir in the cranberries. Bring to
- a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; cook until berries
- pop, about 5 minutes. Mash and cool.
- For cream cheese filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese,
- confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into
- a pastry or plastic bag. Cut a small hole in the corner of bag;
- insert star tip. Pipe cream cheese mixture in a 1-in. band at the
- top of each stocking; pipe mixture to form heel and toe of stocking.
- Spread 4-1/2 teaspoons cranberry filling in the center of each
- stocking. For the holly decoration on the stocking cuff, garnish
- with mint leaves and dried cranberries. Yield: 16 cookies.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 203 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 32 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.