Meringue Santa Hats Recipe
My grandkids love it when I make Santa Hat Meringues. If they are here, they love to help—they like to put red glitter on the meringue and take such pride in knowing they have helped Grandma.—Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Red colored sugar
- Place egg whites in a bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 250°. Add cream of tartar and vanilla; beat on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high after each addition until sugar is dissolved. Continue beating until stiff glossy peaks form.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a #8 round tip. Fill bag with one-fourth of the meringue; set aside. Prepare a second piping bag, using a #12 round tip; fill with remaining meringue.
- Using bag with the #12 tip, pipe 36 Santa hat triangles (2 in. tall) onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with red sugar. Use first bag to pipe white trim and pom-poms on hats.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until firm to the touch. Turn off oven (do not open oven door); leave meringues in oven 1 hour.
- Remove hats from paper. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Meringue Santa Hats in Country Woman
Reviews for Meringue Santa Hats(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >