- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, butter, sugar and water; press onto the bottom and up the sides of two 10-oz. custard cups. Bake at 350° for 6 minutes or until crust is lightly browned; set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the milk and pudding mix; prepare according to package directions. Keep warm. In a small bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form. Spoon warm pudding into crust; spread with meringue, sealing edges to crust.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour; refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Meringue Pudding Cups
"Are there really 100 carbs in one serving of this pudding? WOW!! I could not eat this and be able to eat anything else for the rest of the day. The only other thing I see to do is make home made pudding with splenda and try to bring down the carbs. Sounds good, but who can afford the carbs?"