There's a nice surprise of chocolate inside these frothy kisses. They're my husband's top choice each Christmas.
22 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min./batch + cooling
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Red and green food coloring, optional
- 44 milk chocolate kisses
- Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for
- 30 minutes. Beat egg whites until foamy. Sprinkle with cream of
- tartar and salt; beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and
- vanilla, beating until stiff peaks form, about 5-8 minutes. If
- desired, divide batter in half and fold in red and green food
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 1-1/2-in. apart onto lightly greased
- baking sheets. Press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie
- and cover it with meringue using a knife.
- Bake at 275° for 30-35 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Immediately remove to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: 44 cookies.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 86 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 22 mg sodium,