Meringue Kisses Recipe
There's a nice surprise of chocolate inside these frothy kisses. They're my husband's top choice each Christmas.
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red and green food coloring, optional
- 44 milk chocolate kisses
- 1. Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Beat egg whites until foamy. Sprinkle with cream of tartar and salt; beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and vanilla, beating until stiff peaks form, about 5-8 minutes. If desired, divide batter in half and fold in red and green food coloring.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 1-1/2-in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie and cover it with meringue using a knife.
- 3. Bake at 275° for 30-35 minutes or until firm to the touch. Immediately remove to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 44 cookies.
1 serving (2 each) equals 86 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC