- Bake at 250° for 1-1/4 hours or until set. Turn oven off; leave
- meringues in oven for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and cool on
- baking sheets. When completely cooled, remove meringues from paper.
- Drain raspberries, reserving juice. Set berries aside. Add enough
- water to juice to measure 1/2 cup. In a small saucepan, combine
- sugar and cornstarch. Stir in maple syrup and juice mixture until
- smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2
- minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; gently stir in
- reserved berries. Cool.
- To assemble, place one meringue in a 10-in. springform pan. Spread
- with coffee ice cream; sprinkle with a third of the almonds. Top
- with a second meringue. Spread with chocolate chip ice cream;
- sprinkle with a third of the almonds. Top with remaining meringue.
- Cover and freeze overnight.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and
- almond extract; beat until stiff peaks form. Remove torte from
- freezer; carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove
- side of pan. Frost with whipped cream.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and remaining almonds. Cover and
- freeze for at least 2 hours. Remove from the freezer for 20 minutes
- before serving. Serve with raspberry sauce. Yield: 14-16 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now