Meringue Coconut Brownies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream the butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture just until blended (batter will be thick). Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with the chocolate chips, coconut and walnuts.
- In another large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining brown sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over the top.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Meringue Coconut Brownies(8)
Sort By :
Easy, delicious, and what a great change from a "regular" brownie! These were a smash hit at home and at work!
These are so sinfully good!
I made these brownies when they recipe came out in 2005 for the Brownie contest! They were a real hit with the youth group I would bake for each month! Yes, I would make this recipe again!
Excellent taste but am I doing something wrong when spreading the meringue? I had a hard time spreading it. Any suggestions?
Like cookbookmom says: people are fascinated with hte meringue, and the combination of meringue, coconut and chocolate chips, is just spectacular. I would make it again 1000 more times!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Brownies >
- Brownie Bars >
- Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Desserts >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >
- Sweet Finger Food Recipes >