Meringue Bunnies Recipe
These cute cookies are a great addition to your table when entertaining at Easter. Enlist the kids to help shape the bunnies. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup pink candy coating disks
- 36 heart-shaped red decorating sprinkles
- 1. Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 225°. Add cream of tartar to egg whites; beat on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high after each addition until sugar is dissolved. Continue beating until stiff glossy peaks form.
- 3. Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag. Transfer meringue to bag. Pipe 4-3/4-in. bunny shapes onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 1-1/2 hours or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Place in another pastry or plastic bag; cut a small hole in the tip of the bag. Pipe ears, whiskers and mouths on bunnies with melted candy coating. Attach hearts for eyes and nose. Yield: 1 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC