These cute cookies are a great addition to your table when entertaining at Easter. Enlist the kids to help shape the bunnies. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup pink candy coating disks
- 36 heart-shaped red decorating sprinkles
- Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 225°. Add cream of tartar to egg whites; beat on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high after each addition until sugar is dissolved. Continue beating until stiff glossy peaks form.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag. Transfer meringue to bag. Pipe 4-3/4-in. bunny shapes onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 1-1/2 hours or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Place in another pastry or plastic bag; cut a small hole in the tip of the bag. Pipe ears, whiskers and mouths on bunnies with melted candy coating. Attach hearts for eyes and nose. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Meringue Bunnies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p157
Reviews for Meringue Bunnies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review