Meringue Bunnies Recipe
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup pink candy coating disks
- 36 heart-shaped red decorating sprinkles
- Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 225°. Add cream of tartar to egg whites; beat on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high after each addition until sugar is dissolved. Continue beating until stiff glossy peaks form.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag. Transfer meringue to bag. Pipe 4-3/4-in. bunny shapes onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 1-1/2 hours or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Place in another pastry or plastic bag; cut a small hole in the tip of the bag. Pipe ears, whiskers and mouths on bunnies with melted candy coating. Attach hearts for eyes and nose. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Meringue Bunnies(3)
Sort By :
Cute but needs some flavor. Next time I make them I will add some peppermint extract like in the Mint Merengues recipe.
Okay I don't understand what your comment has to do with the meringue bunnies recipe, but here is your answer the vineger reacts with the baking powder is order to give it the lift that is needed. Also if a resipe calls for butter milk and you don't have any you can mix one tablespoon vinegar with one cup let it set for fifteen minute and you have buttermilk.
I have a comment why do you ask for white vinegar on some cakes and cupcakes.What does the white vinegar does.Do,I have to add vinegar to almost every thing,I know you add vinegar to meals but dessert come on.