This unique treatment for meringue travels well, too! You will certainly get requests for the recipe, and folks will be surprised at how simple it is! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + cooling
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed
- until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time,
- beating on high until stiff peaks form. Place mixture in a
- heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of
- On parchment-lined baking sheets, pipe meringue into a 3-in. log.
- Pipe two 1-in. balls on opposite sides of each end of the log.
- Repeat with remaining meringue. Bake at 225° for 1-1/2 hours or
- until firm. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 35 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein.