- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and grease the foil. Divide dough in half. On the foil, form each portion into an 11-in. x 3-in. rectangle.
- Bake at 300° for 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 15 minutes. Increase heat to 325°.
- Transfer rectangles to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn and bake 10 minutes longer or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Memorable Biscotti
"It is my husbands favorite....and he can't get enough!"
"This recipe was sooooo good even my picky husband loved them and asked me to make them again. A real keeper"
"Mmmm! MMMmm! Turned out so good. Dangerously good my mom said :)"
"Great Biscotti... I added a Tbs. of Aniseed and toasted the almonds.This is so good with coffee."
"Love this recipe!!!!"